- JK1B-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1β, Catabolin, Hematopoietin-1 (H1), IFNβ-inducing factor, Interleukin-β, Osteoclast activating factor (OAF)
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1β is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses including the activation of B and T cells. The JK1B-2 antibody reacts with human interleukin-1β (IL-1β) and baboon IL-1β. The JK1B-2 antibody does not recognize mouse IL-1β or human IL-1α or other cytokines. The JK1B-2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-1β.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1 beta
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-1β protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 2-8 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection: The biotinylated JK1B-2 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified JK1B-1 antibody (Cat. No. 508202/508204) as the capture antibody.
- Product Citations
AB_315512 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508301)
AB_315513 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508302)
- Cytokine; 17.3 kD (Mammalian)
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes,
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 3553 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1beta on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.