- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Small Inducible Cytokine Subfamily B (Cys-X-Cys), Member 10 (SCYB10), INP10, C-X-C Motif Chemokine Ligand 10, 10 kD Interferon Gamma-Induced Protein
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CXCL10 is an ELR-negative chemokine structurally and functionally related to CXCL9 and CXCL11. CXCL10, CXCL9, and CXCL11 are produced and secreted by monocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, and epithelial cells upon stimulation with proinflammatory cytokines, especially IFNγ. CXCL10 chemoattracts CD4, CD8, NK, and NKT cells through the binding to its receptor CXCR3, which is shared with CXCL9 and CXCL11. In addition, CXCL10 inhibits neovascularization in tumors and in wound healing in vivo. Also, CXCL10 has anti-proliferative effects on endothelial cells in vitro, and angiostatic and antitumor effects in vivo. It has been suggested that the anti-proliferative effect of CXCL10 in endothelial cells is CXCR3-independent and that it is mediated through GAG interaction. CXCL10 also possesses antimicrobial activity against E. coli and L. monocytogenes, and both the spore and bacillus forms of B. anthracis. CXCL10 expression is strongly upregulated in many human inflammatory diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis, atherosclerosis, allograft rejection, and others.Product Details
- Rat CXCL10 amino acids (Ile18 – Pro98) (Accession # NP_620789) was expressed in E.coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 77 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 8.67 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ile.
- >98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- Lyophilized from 0.22 µm filtered protein solution in PBS, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute PBS to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing a carrier protein such as 0.1% BSA and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Bioactivity was measured by its property to chemoattract BaF3-hCXCR3 transfectants in a dose dependent manner. The relative fluorescent units were obtained using Deep Blue Cell Viability™ Kit (Cat. No. 424701). The ED50 = 0.25 to 1.5 pg/ml.
Interferon gamma-stimulated keratinocytes, monocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial, T cells
- CXCL10 chemoattracts CD4, Th1, CD8, NK, and NKT cells. CXCL10 is induced by inflammatory cytokines, and NH2-terminal cleavage of CXCL10 by DPP-IV/CD26 impairs its chemoattracting capacity and CXCR3 signaling.
- Activated T cells, Th1 cells, regulatory T cells, NK cells, NKT cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells
- Rata CXCL10 chemoattracts BaF3-hCXCR3 transfectants.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Luster AD, et al. 1985. Nature 315:672.
2. Loos T, et al. 2008. Blood 112:2648.
3. Crawford MA, et al. 2009. Infect. Immun. 77:1664.
4. Campanella GS, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e12700.
5. Hoerning A. 2011. Eur. J. Immunol. 41:2291.
- Gene ID
- 245920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL10 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)