- 9D11A43 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- XBP-1 isoform2, Tax-responsive element-binding protein 5 (TREB5), XBP2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
XBP-1 is a transcription factor containing a bZIP domain. It was first identified because of its ability to bind X-box, a conserved transcriptional element in the promoter of the human HLA-DR gene. XBP-1 has multiple functions. It controls MHC class II gene regulation and is also essential for differentiation of plasma cells. XBP-1 is upregulated as part of the ER stress response, also known as the unfolded protein response.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial mouse XBP-1s recombinant protein (162-267aa)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ChIP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per mL. For ChIP application, use 2 µg of antibody and 10 µg of chromatin per IP. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The clone 9D11A43 recognizes spliced XBP-1 (XBP-1s/isoform 2), which is 371 amino acids and migrates around 55 kD on the SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Product Notes
Using this antibody at a ratio higher than 1:5 (µg antibody per ug of chromatin) will increase background
- Product Citations
AB_2562960 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658802)
- Upregulated by ER stress, IL-6, and IL-4. Downregulation correlates with tumor progression in prostate cancer. Downregulated by PAX5 transcription factor.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens, Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Liou HC, et al. 1990. Science 247:1581.
2. Ponath PD, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:17074.
3. Takahashi S, et al. 2002. Prostate 50:154.
- Gene ID
- 7494 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about XBP-1s on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.