- A18143C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Valosin-Containing Protein, CDC48
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Valocin-containing protein (VCP) is a member of a family of proteins that include putative ATP-binding proteins involved in vesicle transport and fusion, 26S proteasome function, and assembly of peroxisomes. VCP associates with clathrin and heat-shock protein Hsc70 to form a complex that functions as a chaperon to unfold and transport proteins to different cellular compartments. Diseases associated with VCP include inclusion body myopathy with early-onset Paget's disease, and frontotemporal dementia 1 and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 14, with or without frontotemporal dementia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Human VCP Protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2861105 (BioLegend Cat. No. 870901)
AB_2861106 (BioLegend Cat. No. 870902)
- VCP is an 806 amino acid protein with predicted molecular mass of ~89 kD and observed molecular mass at ~ 97 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol, endoplasmic reticulum, nucleus, extracellular, and lysosome
- Protein Trafficking, protein clearance
- Forms homohexamers and a ternary complex with STX5A and NSFLC. Interacts with NPLOC4, UFD1, and clathrin.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dopaminergic Neurons, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, GABAergic Neurons, Glutamatergic Neurons, Mature Neurons, Microglia, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Markers, Neurotransmitter Receptor Trafficking/Endocytosis, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Lan B, et al. 2017. Curr Mol Med. 17(9):608.
- van den Boom J & Meyer H. 2018. Mol Cell. 69(2):182.
- Van Mossevelde S, et al. 2018. Nat Rev Neurol. 14(6):363.
- Gene ID
- 7415 View all products for this Gene ID 269523 View all products for this Gene ID 116643 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about VCP on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.