|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|430507||1 Pre-coated Plate||280€|
Human IL-6 (also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 2, Interferon beta-2, Hybridoma growth factor, and CTL differentiation factor, etc.) plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells, it induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth, it induces nerve cells differentiation, and in hepatocytes it induces acute phase reactants. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes. It has been shown that IL-6 plays a critical role in many physiological and pathological conditions, including autoimmune diseases and rheumatoid arthritis.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-6 ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a Human IL-6 specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-6 ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human IL-6 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-6 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-6 Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-6 Standard
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Product Citations
- 1.6 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 3569 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.