- HM79-12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ig β chain
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mouse CD79b (Igβ chain) is a 35-40kD transmembrane protein that forms a heterodimer with CD79a (30-35 kD, Ig α chain). The CD79b and CD79a hererodimers are associated with surface IgM to form the B-cell receptor (BCR) that is necessary for signal transduction via the BCR in mature B cells. CD79b participates in the signal transduction involved in development of B cells as well. It was reported that association between CD79b/CD79a with IgM is essential in inducing both the transition from progenitor to precursor B cells and subsequent allelic exclusion. Igβ knockout mice had a complete block in B cell development at the immature CD43+B220+ stage. The HM79b-12 clone reacts with an extracellular epitope of CD79b or Igβ.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
- Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gong S, et al. 1996. Science. 272:411.
- Nagata K, et al. 1997. Immunity 7:559.
- Papavasiliou F, et al. 1995. 268:408.
- Product Citations
AB_2244530 (BioLegend Cat. No. 132805)
AB_2075882 (BioLegend Cat. No. 132806)
- A 35-40 kD transmembrane protein which forms an 80-90 kD heterodimer with CD79a.
CD79b expression is restricted to pro-B cell, pre-B cell, and mature B cells.
- CD79a/CD79b heterodimers are associated with surface IgM to form B cell receptor complex (BCR) to recognize specific antigen.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 15985 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD79b on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.