- UCHT1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- III 471
- Other Names
- T3, CD3ε
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD3ε is a 20 kD chain of the CD3/T-cell receptor (TCR) complex which is composed of two CD3ε, one CD3γ, one CD3δ, one CD3ζ (CD247), and a T-cell receptor (α/β or γ/δ) heterodimer. It is found on all mature T cells, NKT cells, and some thymocytes. CD3, also known as T3, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that plays a role in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 785™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 785™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 785 nm. The bandpass filter 780/60 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 785™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections4,6,7 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections11, immunoprecipitation1, activation of T cells2,3,5, and Western blotting9. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 300413, 300414, and 300432). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 300437, 300438, 300465, 300466, 300473, 300474) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Salmeron A, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:3047. (IP)
- Graves J, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:2102. (Activ)
- Lafont V, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:19282. (Activ)
- Ryschich E, et al. 2003. Tissue Antigens 62:48. (IHC)
- Thompson AG, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:1671. (Activ)
- Sakkas LI, et al. 1998. Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immun. 5:430. (IHC)
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Van Dongen JJM, et al. 1988. Blood 71:603. (WB)
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Pollard, K. et al. 1987. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 35:1329. (IHC)
- Luckashenak N, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:27. PubMed
- Laurent AJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:103683. PubMed
- Li J, et al. 2015. Cancer Res. 75:508. PubMed
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865-868. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_2687177 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300471)
AB_2687178 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300472)
- Ig superfamily, with the subunits of CD3γ, CD3δ, CD3ζ (CD247) and TCR (α/β or γ/δ) forms CD3/TCR complex, 20 kD
Mature T and NK T cells, thymocyte differentiation
- Antigen recognition, signal transduction, T cell activation
- Peptide antigen bound to MHC
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte FactsBook. Academic Press. San Diego.
2. Beverly P, et al. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:329.
3. Lanier L, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:2501-2507.
- Gene ID
- 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.