- 1B1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD1, CD1.1, Ly-38
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD1d, known as CD1.1 and Ly-38, is a 48 kD type I membrane glycoprotein with structural similarities to MHC class I and is non-covalently associated with β2-microglobulin. In humans, CD1 family consists of group I proteins (CD1a, CD1b, and CD1c), group II (CD1d), and group III (CD1e). But CD1d is the only CD1 molecule has been found in mouse. Mouse CD1d has broad tissue distribution, and is found on leukocytes, dendritic cells, epithelial cells, and thymocytes. CD1d plays a role in non-peptide glycolipid antigen presentation to CD1d-restricted T cells. It has been shown that PKCδ is a critical regulator of CD1d-mediated antigen presentation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Cd1.1 cDNA-transfected RMA-S mouse T lymphoma
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistical staining, and blocking function3.
This product is for research use only and is not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this product to produce products for sale or for diagnostic, therapeutic or drug discovery purposes is prohibited. In order to obtain a license to use this product for commercial purposes, contact the Regents of the University of California.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fischer K, et al. 2004. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:10685. (Block)
- Brozovic S, et al. 2004. Nat. Med. 10:535.
- Brossay L, et al. 1997. J. Immunol.. 159:1216. (Block)
- Jiang J, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:47487. PubMed
AB_2800592 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123527)
- 48 kD glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
leukocytes, dendritic cells, epithelial cells, thymocytes
- Antigen presentation
- similar to MHC class I, associate with ß-microglobulin
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Brudin N, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:3271.
2. Amano M, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:1710.
3. Brossay L, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:1216.
4. Dougan SK, et al. 2007. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 314:113.
5. Brutkiewicz RR, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:2390.
- Gene ID
- 12479 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD1d on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.