- RPA-T8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T171
- Other Names
- T8, Leu2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8a is a 32-34 kD type I glycoprotein. It forms a homodimer (CD8a/a) or heterodimer (CD8a/b) with CD8b. CD8, also known as T8 and Leu2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily found on the majority of thymocytes, a subset of peripheral blood T cells, and NK cells (which express almost exclusively CD8a homodimers). CD8 acts as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted T cell receptors in antigen recognition and T cell activation, and has been shown to play a role in thymic differentiation. Two domains in CD8a are important for function: the extracellular IgSF domain binds the α3 domain of MHC class I and the cytoplasmic CXCP motif binds the tyrosine kinase p56 Lck.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The RPA-T8 antibody does not block the binding of HIT8a antibody to CD8a. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed frozen sections3 and costimulation of T cell responses4. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 301073 & 301074).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Magidovich E, et al. 2007. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:13022.
- Thakarl D, et al. 2008.J. immunol. 180:7431. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_2563232 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301056)
- Ig superfamily, homodimer or heterodimer with CD8β, 32-34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset, NK cells
- MHC class I co-receptor, thymic differentiation, T cell activation
- MHC Class I molecules
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Gene ID
- 925 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.