- Other Names
- C-C motif chemokine 6, Protein C10, small-inducible cytokine A6
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|758504||25 µg||350 CHF|
CCL6 (C10), or CCL6, belongs to the CC chemokine family, and it is present only in rodents. The human homologs to CCL6 are CCL14 and CCL15. Several factors induce CCL6 expression such as GM-CSF because it upregulates CCL6 in mouse myelopoietic bone marrow culture and is induced in the immature myeloid 32D cl3 cell line upon neutrophilic differentiation in the presence of G-CSF. Also, CCL6 is induced by IL-4 in mouse macrophages and SCF in eosinophils. In contrast, the expression level of CCL6 is downregulated in an activated T cell line and LPS does stimulate its expression. CCL6 plays a role in inflammation to recruit and activate lymphocytes, monocytes, and neutrophils. CCL6 is constitutively expressed by murine small intestinal and colonic epithelial cells, binds to a subset of the intestinal microflora, and displays antibacterial activity. Additionally, CCL6 is involved in remodeling diseases such as IL-13-induced alveolar remodeling, bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis, skin wound healing, and inflammatory demyelinating disorders.Product Details
- Mouse CCL6, amino acids (Gly22-Ala116) (Accession#: P27784), was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 95 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 10.7 kD. The protein migrates at approximately 14 kD in both DTT-reducing and non-reducing conditions by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gly.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 1x PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 - 100 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 = 0.2 - 1.0 µg/mL as determined by its property to chemoattract BaF3-hCCR1 stable line in a dose dependent manner.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Product Citations
- Neutrophils, macrophages, eosinophils, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes.
- CCL6 (C10) chemoattracts lymphocytes and monocytes to sites of infection or inflammation, resulting in an enhanced local inflammatory response. CCL6 (C10) has antibacterial activity.
- Monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, and lymphocytes.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Orlofsky A, et al. 1991. Cell Regul. 2:403.
2. Berahovich RD, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:7341.
3. Coelho AL, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5474.
4. Orlofsky A, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 152:5084.
5. Ma B, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:1872.
6. Wu Y, et al. 1999. Cytokine 11:523.
7. Kaesler S, et al. 2002. Cytokine. 17:157.
8. LaFleur AM, et al. 2004. Mediators Inflamm. 13:349.
9. Dolgachev V, et al. 2007. J. Leuko.. Biol. 81:1111.
10. Kotarsky K, et al. 2010. Mucosal Immunol. 3(1):40-8.
- Gene ID
- 20305 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL6 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)