- W19335C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Kelch Like ECH Associated Protein 1, Cytosolic Inhibitor Of Nrf2, KLHL19
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|944601||25 µg||110 CHF|
|944602||100 µg||275 CHF|
NRF2 is a transcription factor that plays a critical role in inducing expression of genes required for oxidative stress defense and stress balance. Active NRF2 binds to antioxidant response elements (AREs) located in the regulatory promoter of target genes and induces expression of these genes. NRF2 is degraded through ubiquitination by an E3 ligase complex that contains KEAP1 as an adaptor protein. Under normal conditions, KEAP1 directly binds and sequesters NRF2 in the cytosol and promotes its ubiquitinatation and proteasomal degradation. In response to elevated oxidative stress, reactive cysteine residues on KEAP1 are modified, resulting in a conformational change that causes the dissociation of NRF2 from KEAP1, and an accumulation of NRF2 in the nucleus. In a clinical setting, NRF2 is frequently activated in many types of cancers, driving metabolic adaptation and survival in ROS-rich tumor microenvironments. In KRAS-mutant cancers, loss of KEAP1 promotes dependence on glutaminolysis through upregulation of NRF2.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human KEAP1 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2892508 (BioLegend Cat. No. 944601)
AB_2892508 (BioLegend Cat. No. 944602)
- KEAP1 is a 624 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 70 kD.
Nucleus and cytoplasm/Ubiquitously expressed
- E3 ligase, NRF2 regulation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Protein Modifiers
- Antigen References
- Romero R, et al. 2017. Nat Med. 23:1362.
- Shoemaker A. 2017. Sci Trans Med. 9:420.
- M. da Costa R, et al. 2019. Front In Pharm. 10:3389.
- Robledinos-Antón N, et al. 2019. Hindawi. 10:1155.
- Cuadrado A, et al. 2019. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 18:295-317.
- Gene ID
- 9817 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about KEAP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.