- Other Names
- C9orf26, IL1F11, NFHEV, DVS 27
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|581816||100 µg||1128 CHF|
|581814||25 µg||413 CHF|
IL-33 belongs to the IL-1 family and is closely related in structure to IL-18 and IL-1β. IL-33, IL-1β, and IL-18 are synthesized as biologically inactive precursors and are cleaved by the enzyme caspase-1 to be secreted as active mature forms. IL-33 stimulates target cells by binding to the IL-1R/TLR superfamily member ST2 and, subsequently, activates NF-κβ and MAPK pathways via identical signalling events to those observed for IL-1β. In addition, IL-33 is a nuclear factor (NF-HEV) abundantly expressed in high endothelial venules from lymphoid organs that associate with chromatin and exhibit transcriptional regulatory properties.Product Details
- Human IL-33, amino acids Ser112-Thr270 (Accession# NM_ 033439) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 159 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 18 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 19 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 20 kD by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Serine.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.1 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, 1 mM EDTA, 2 mM TCEP
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method
- 500 µg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% endotoxin-free BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week or stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 = 0.1 - 0.5 ng/mL as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of D10.G4.1 cell proliferation. Deep Blue Cell Viability™ Kit (Cat. No. 424701) is used to measure the proliferation.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
GMP Recombinant Proteins. BioLegend GMP recombinant proteins are manufactured in a dedicated GMP facility and compliant with ISO 13485:2016. For research or ex vivo cell processing use. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Our processes include:
- Batch-to-batch consistency
- Material traceability
- Documented procedures
- Documented employee training
- Equipment maintenance and monitoring records
- Lot-specific certificates of analysis
- Quality audits per ISO 13485:2016
- QA review of released products
BioLegend GMP recombinant proteins are manufactured and tested in accordance with USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and Ph. Eur. Chapter 5.2.12.
IL-33 mRNA is expressed in a broad range of human tissues, such as heart, small intestine, brain, ovary, testis, pancreas, and colon. Higher IL-33 expression was detected in human keratinocyte, fibroblast, myocyte, and alveolar cells
- IL-33 drives production of Th2-associated cytokines from in vitro polarized Th2 cells. In mice, IL-33 injection induced the expression of IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13 and led to severe pathological changes in the lung and the digestive tract. In addition, IL-33 acts as a chemoattractant for Th2 cells, both in vitro and in vivo. TNF-α and IL-1β are activators of IL-33 transcription in fibroblasts and keratinocytes.
- Th2 cells, mast cells, basophils, eosinophils and natural killer cells
- IL-1 family receptor T1/ST2 and IL-1RAcP (IL-1 receptor associated protein).
- Measured by its ability to induce proliferation of D10.G4.1 cells.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Schmitz J, et al. 2005. Immunity. 23:479-90.
- Barksby HE, et al. 2007. Clin Exp Immunol. 149:217-25.
- Arend WP, et al. 2008. Immunol Rev. 223:20-38.
- Suzukawa M, et al. 2008. J Immunol. 181:5981-9.
- Moussion C, et al. 2008. PLoS One. 3:e3331.
- Mildner M, et al. 2010. Cardiovasc Res. 87:769-77.
- Gene ID
- 90865 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-33 on UniProt.org