- PK136 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NKR-P1C, NKR-P1B, Ly-55, CD161, CD161b, CD161c
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|108709||25 µg||80,00 CHF|
|108710||100 µg||265,00 CHF|
NK-1.1 surface antigen, also known as CD161b/CD161c and Ly-55, is encoded by the NKR-P1B/NKR-P1C gene. It is expressed on NK cells and NK-T cells in some mouse strains, including C57BL/6, FVB/N, and NZB, but not AKR, BALB/c, CBA/J, C3H, DBA/1, DBA/2, NOD, SJL, and 129. Expression of NKR-P1C antigen has been correlated with lysis of tumor cells in vitro and rejection of bone marrow allografts in vivo. NK-1.1 has also been shown to play a role in NK cell activation, IFN-γ production, and cytotoxic granule release. NK-1.1 and DX5 are commonly used as mouse NK cell markers.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NK-1+ cells from mouse spleen and bone marrow
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The NK-1.1 antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, complement-dependent cytotoxicity3, in vivo depletion4,5,9,10, mediation of in vitro redirected lysis6, blocking of NK cell function7, induction of proliferation8, immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections11, and immunofluorescence microscopy11. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 108712).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Carlyle JR, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5917. (IP)
- Sentman CL, et al. 1989. Hybridoma 8:605. (IP)
- Koo GC, et al. 1984. Hybridoma 3:301. (Cyt)
- Sentman CL, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:1847. (Deplete)
- Koo GC, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:3742. (Deplete)
- Karlhofer FM, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:3662.
- Kung SK, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5876. (Block)
- Reichlin A, et al. 1998. Immunol. Cell Biol. 76:143.
- Drobyski W, et al. 1996. Blood 87:5355. (Deplete)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:1011. (Deplete)
- Kanwar JR, et al. 2001. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 93:1541. (IHC, IF)
- Kroemer A, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7818. PubMed
- Kim JY, et al. 2009. Exp Mol Med. 30:288. PubMed
- Bankoti J, et al. 2010. Toxicol. Sci. 115:422. (FC) PubMed
- Lee H, et al. 2014. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 55:2885. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108709)
AB_313397 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108710)
- NKR-P1 gene family
NK and NK-T cells in the NK1.1 mouse strains (C57BL, FVB/N, NZB)
- NK cell activation, IFN-γ production, cytotoxic granule release
- Cell Type
- NK cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Lanier LL. 1997. Immunity 6:371.
2. Yokoyama WM, et al. 1993. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 11:613.
3. Koo GC, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:3742.
4. Giorda R, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:1701.
- Gene ID
- 17059 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NK-1.1 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.