- RMT4-54 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein-4
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Tim-4 is a transmembrane protein known as T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein-4. It is expressed on antigen-presenting cells and not on T cells. Tim-4 binds to Tim-1 to promote T cell proliferation by enhancing cell division and reducing apoptosis. Tim-4 bind to phosphatidylserine through its FG-CC’ binding cleft in the N-terminal IgV domain to facilitate the clearance of apoptotic cells or bodies.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse TIM4-Ig fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: in vivo induction of auto-antibody production1 and blockade of dendritic cell Tim-42.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nakayama M, et al. 2009. Blood. 113:3821. (FA)
- Yeung MY, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:4447. (Block)
AB_2819867 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130013)
AB_2819868 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130014)
AB_2819869 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130015)
AB_2819870 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130016)
AB_2819871 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130017)
AB_2819872 (BioLegend Cat. No. 130018)
- Transmembrane protein containing immunoglobulin domain and mucin-like domain
Unlike the other Tims, Tim-4 is only expressed by antigen-presenting cells, but not by T cells.
- Tim-4 is expressed on antigen-presenting cells. It provides co-stimulation to promote T cell proliferation and survival and has a possible role in clearance of apoptotic cells by binding phosphatidylserine.
- Phosphatiylserine is the ligand of Tim-4 and Tim-4 is a ligand of Tim-1.
- Phosphatidylserine, TIM1
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Kuchroo VK, et al. 2008. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 8:577
2. Miyanishi M, et al. 2007. Nature 450:435
3. Rodriguez-Manzanet R, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:4706
- Gene ID
- 276891 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tim-4 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC, FA, Block|
|PE anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0567 anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC, FA, Block|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0567 anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0567 anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||PG|
|APC anti-mouse Tim-4||RMT4-54||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse Tim-4
PE anti-mouse Tim-4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse Tim-4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Tim-4
TotalSeq™-A0567 anti-mouse Tim-4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse Tim-4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Tim-4
TotalSeq™-C0567 anti-mouse Tim-4
TotalSeq™-B0567 anti-mouse Tim-4
APC anti-mouse Tim-4