- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin 17, Il17, IL-17, CTLA-8, IL-17A
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17A was initially identified from a subtracted cDNA library between closely related murine lymphoid cells and it was named CTLA-8. IL-17A shares 58% homology with an open reading frame of the T-lymphotropic Herpes virus Samirii virus (viral IL-17). IL-17A belongs to a family of cytokines, which has six members; designated IL-17A-F. IL-17A is expressed by a unique lineage of CD4 T cells, Th17 cells. This lineage selectively produces proinflammatory cytokines including IL-17A, IL-17F, IL-21, and IL-22. In the mouse, the differentiation of this new lineage is initiated by TGFβ-1 and IL-6 or IL-21, which activates STAT3 and induces the expression of the transcription factor retinoic acid-related orphan receptors (RORγt and RORα). IL-23, which also activates STAT3, serves to maintain Th17 cells lineage.Product Details
- Rat IL-17A, amino acid Ala26 – Ser158 (Accession # NP_001100367) was expressed in E.coli. The amino terminal contains Met.
- Molecular Mass
- The 134 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 15 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized from a sterile (0.2 micron) filtered aqueous solution containing 10 mM sodium citrate, pH 3.0
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per μg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg / vial
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C for up to one year. After reconstitution, for three months at -20°C to -80°C and for one month at 4°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Do not vortex. It is recommended to further dilute in sterile buffer, such as 5% Trehalose, and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Rat IL-17A induces IL-6 in fetal mouse skin fibroblasts production in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 is 0.1 – 0.6 ng/mL.
Activated memory T lymphocytes, CD4+ T helper cells (Th17), neutrophils, CD8(+), NK, and gamma-delta T cells
- IL-17A is a potent regulator of granulopoiesis and neutrophil recruitment under normal and inflammatory conditions. Organ overexpression of IL-17A increases circulating neutrophil numbers and recruitment into the organs by induction of CXCL2, IL-1β, and G-CSF. IL-17A induces CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL5, and CXCL8 in human epithelial cells. IL-17A also cooperates with TLR ligands, IL-1 beta, and TNF alpha to enhance inflammatory reactions and stimulate production of beta-defensins and other antimicrobial peptides. Th17 differentiation of naïve T cells is markedly suppressed in the presence of IFNα.
- Epithelial cells, fibroblasts, B and T lymphocytes, myelomonocytic cells, and marrow stromal cells.
- Heteromeric receptor composed of IL-17RA and IL-17RC.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Yu J, et al. Front Biosci 13:170-177 2008.
- Toy D, et al. J. Immunol. 177:36-39 2006.
- Benghiat FS, et al. Transplant Rev 23:11-18 2009.
- Honorati MC, et al. Rheumatology 40:522-527 2001.
- Rouvier E, et al. J. Immunol. 150:5445-5456 1993.
- Liang SC, et al. J. Immunol. 179:7791-7799 2007.
- Ouyang W, et al. Immunity 28:454-467 2008.
- Gene ID
- 301289 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)