- 104 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ly-5.2, LCA
- Mouse (SJL) IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD45.2 is an alloantigen of CD45, expressed by Ly5.2 bearing mouse strains (e.g., A, AKR, BALB/c, CBA/Ca, CBA/J, C3H/He, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/1, DBA/2, NZB, SWR, 129). CD45, a member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family, is a 180-240 kD glycoprotein expressed on all hematopoietic cells except mature erythrocytes and platelets. There are multiple isoforms in the mouse that play key roles in TCR and BCR signal transduction. These isoforms are very specific to the activation and maturation states of the cell as well as specific cell type. The primary ligands for CD45 are galectin-1, CD2, CD3, CD4, TCR, CD22, and Thy-1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- B10.S mouse thymocytes and splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- µl size: Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)µg size: 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The 104 antibody does not react with mouse cells expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation4, in vivo and in vitro blocking of B cell responses1,2, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yakura H, et al. 1983. J. Exp. Med. 157:1077. (Block)
- Yakura H, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 136:2729. (Block)
- Suzuki K, et al. 2000. Immunity 13:691. (IHC)
- Shen FW, et al. 1986. Immunogenetics 24:146. (IP)
- Baldwin TA and Hogquist KA. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:837.
- Pascal V, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1751.
- Burman AC, et al. 2007. Blood 110:1064.
- Kincaid EZ, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:3187.
- Phan TG, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:992.
- Nakano-Yokomizo T, et al. 2011. J. Exp Med. 208:1661. PubMed
- Wen T, et al. 2013. PNAS. 110:6067. PubMed
- Kohlmeier JE, et al. 2008. Immunity. 29:101. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2561393 (BioLegend Cat. No. 109837)
AB_2650900 (BioLegend Cat. No. 109838)
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family, 180-240 kD
All hematopoietic cells except mature erythrocytes and platelets of the CD45.2 strain of mice
- Phosphatase, T and B cell activation
- Galectin-1, CD2, CD3, CD4
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Suzuki K, et al. 2000. Immunity 13:691.
- Gene ID
- 19264 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD45.2 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.