- S16018A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD288, Toll-like receptor 8
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Toll-like receptor (TLR) 8, also known as CD288, is a 83 kDa, type 1 transmembrane protein, member of the TLR receptor family. TLR8 is expressed intracellulary in monocytes, macrophages and myeloid dendritic cells, and plays an important role in the innate immune response by binding single-stranded RNA (ssRNA). TLR8 triggers anti-viral reponses promoting the secretion of proinflammatory cytokines such as IL-12 and TNF.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human TLR8-transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
AB_2876712 (BioLegend Cat. No. 395509)
AB_2876712 (BioLegend Cat. No. 395510)
- 83 kD, Type 1 transmembrane protein
Endosomal compartments of monocytes, macrophages, myeloid dendritic cells, and neutrophils
- Binds single-stranded RNA
- MYD88, TRAF6, IRAK4
- Single-stranded GU-rich RNA
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Toll Like Receptors
- Antigen References
- Lood C, et al. 2017. J Exp Med. 214:2103.
- Prinz N, et al. 2011. Blood. 118:2322.
- Gringhuis SI, et al. 2010. Nat Immunol. 11419.
- Cros J, et al. 2010. Immunity. 33:375.
- Peng G, et al. 2005. Science. 309:1380.
- Gene ID
- 51311 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD288 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.