- MTW-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNFSF12, TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis, CD255
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TWEAK is a 27 kD protein also known as tumor necrosis factor superfamily member 12 (TNFSF12), TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis, and CD255. TWEAK is a type II transmembrane protein expressed on a variety of cell types. A soluble form of TWEAK is produced by proteolytic processing. TWEAK binds to the TWEAK receptor, FN14, to induce apoptosis, NF-κB translocation, and promote angiogenesis and endothelial cell proliferation. It has also been implicated in the induction of inflammatory cytokines.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of ligand binding2. Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 120009 & 120010).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nakayama M, et al. 2003. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 306:819.
- Mittal A, et al. 2010. J. Cell Biol. 188:833. (Block) PubMed
AB_2860642 (BioLegend Cat. No. 120009)
AB_2860643 (BioLegend Cat. No. 120010)
- TNF superfamily member, type II membrane protein and secreted (after proteolytic processing); forms homotrimer, 27 kD
Widely expressed; induced on activated CD4+ cells
- Weak inducer of apoptosis in some cell types, activates NF-κB, promotes angiogenesis and endothelial cell proliferation, induces inflammatory cytokine production
- TWEAKR/FN14, possible interaction with TNFSF12/APO3
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Chicheportiche Y, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:32401.
2. Lynch CN, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:8455.
3. Schneider P, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:1785.
- Gene ID
- 21944 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD255 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.