- IK22/5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-related activation-induced cytokine, Receptor activator of NF-κB ligand (RANK L), Osteoprotegerin ligand (OPGL), Osteoclast differentiation factor (ODF), SOFA, TNFSF-11, CD254, RANKL
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- NSO-derived recombinant mouse TRANCE
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, WB, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The IK22/5 antibody has been reported to block the binding of RANK ligand-Fc to RANK. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, Western blotting2, and blocking of ligand binding1,2,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 510009-510014).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miyahira Y, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:6344. (Block)
- Personal communication (Block IP WB)
- Gao Y, et al. 2007. J. Clin. Invest. 117:122.
- Kamijo S, et al. 2006. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 347:124. (Block)
- Fionda C, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4039.
- Haslam SZ, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 149:2098. (Block) PubMed
AB_2832814 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510009)
AB_2832815 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510010)
AB_2832816 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510011)
AB_2832817 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510012)
AB_2832818 (BioLegend Cat. No. 510013)
- TNF superfamily; 19 kD (Mammalian)
Activated T cells, osteoclasts
- Regulates T and dendritic cell interactions, and osteoclast differentiation
- RANK, OPG
- Activates JNK and NF-κB; involved in bone resorption; induces the expression of IL-1, IL-6, IL-12, IL-15 in dendritic cells
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, myeloid bone marrow precursors, stromal fibroblasts, synovial cells, osteoblasts
- Cell Targets
- Dendritic cells, osteoclasts
- ODFR, ODAR, TRANCE-R
- Cell Type
- Osteoclasts, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Josien R, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:2562.
3. Takayanagi H, et al. 2000. Nature 408:600.
4. Wong B, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell. 4:1041.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated upon TCR engagement
- Gene ID
- 21943 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD254 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.