- Other Names
- VEGFA, Vegf, Vegf-a, Vegf120, Vpf
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
VegfA belong to the VEGF family which has at least 7 members, VEGF-A, VEGF-B, VEGF-C, VEGF-D, VEGF-E, PlGF and snake venom-derived VEGFs such as T.f. (Trimeresurus flavoviridis) svVEGF. In humans, VEGF-A is highly expressed in most of the solid tumors generated in breast, lung, renal, colorectal and liver tissues. VEGF-A has strong vascular permeability activity, and significantly contributes to the formation of ascites tumors. VEGF can act as a direct proinflammatory mediator during the pathogenesis of RA, and protect rheumatoid synoviocytes from apoptosis, which contributes to synovial hyperplasia. VEGF is expressed in synovial macrophages and synovial fibroblasts in the synovial tissues of RA patients.Product Details
- Mouse VEGF120, amino acids Ala27-Arg146 (Accession # S38100) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 120 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 14,071 Da. This protein exists as a disulfide-linked homodimer. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 15kDa and the non-reduced protein migrates as a homodimer, at approximately 30kDa by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Alanine.
- Purity is >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22µm filtered protein solution is in 5mM Citric Acid, 5mM NaH2PO4, 150mM NaCl, pH 4.0.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg (<0.01 ng/µg) protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 = 1-4 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 1-0.25 x 106 units/mg, as determined by the dose dependent stimulation of HUVEC cells proliferation.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product Citations
- Widely expressed
- VegfA is a key player in vasculogenesis, the formation of blood vessels from progenitor cells, as well as angiogenesis. The expression of the Vegf-a gene is upregulated via hypoxia, estrogen, and NF-κB pathways. VegfA induces proliferation and cell migration in endothelial cells, and plays important roles during wound healing. In addition, VEGF regulates haematopoietic stem cell survival.
- VegfA interacts with vascular endothelial and monocytes/macrophages, which express VEGFR1. This interaction induces proliferation of endothelial cells, and stimulates migration of monocytes/macrophages. VEGFR2 is expressed in endothelial cells and VEGFR2-
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A binds and activates two tyrosine kinase receptors, VEGFR1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR2 (KDR/Flk-1).
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology, Angiogenesis
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Shibuya M, et al. J Biochem Mol Biol 39:469-478 2006.
2. Shibuya M, et al. BMB Rep. 2008 41(4):278-86 2008.
3. Yoo SA, et al. Hindawi Publishing Corporation Mediators of Inflammation Volume 2008 Article ID 129873
4. Conn G, et al. Proc. Nati. Acad. Sci. 87:1323-1327 1990.
5. Gerber H, et al. Nature 417:954-958 2002.
- Gene ID
- 22339 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about VEGF on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.