- L308D10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor A, Vascular Permeability Factor, Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor, VEGF-A, VPF, MVCD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
VEGF-A belongs to the VEGF family, which consists of VEGF-A, VEGF-B, VEGF-C, VEGF-D, and PlGF (placental growth factor). VEGF-A is alternatively spliced to generate several variants such as VEGF-121, VEGF-145, VEGF-165, and VEGF-189. VEGF-165 is predominant and responsible for the potency of VEGF-A. VEGF-A specifically acts on endothelial cells and plays important roles in endothelial cell proliferation, angiogenesis, and vasculogenesis. It is highly expressed in tumors and is one of the most important targets for cancer therapy.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human VEGF-165
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IP - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunoprecipitation. This antibody can be used at 2 - 10 µg/mL for immunoprecipitation. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2564372 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662702)
- 232 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of approximately 27 kD.
- Endothelial cell proliferation, angiogenesis, and vasculogenesis.
- Binds to heparin sulfate, heparin, and neuropilin-1. Interacts with vascular endothelial cells, monocytes, and macrophages, which express VEGFR1; this induces proliferation of endothelial cells and stimulates the migration of monocytes and macrophages.
- FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Conn G, et al. 1990. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:1323.
2. Gerber H, et al. 2002. Nature 417:954.
3. Shibuya M, et al. 2006. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 39:469.
4. Reddy K, et al. 2008. Angiogenesis 11:257.
5. Monaghan-Benson E, et al. 2010. Am. J. Pathol. 177:2091.
6. Koch S and Claesson-Welsh L. 2012. Cold Spring Harb. Perspect. Med. 2:a006502.
7. Cao Y. 2014. Nat. Rev. Endocrinol. 10:530.
8. Lui KO. 2014. Curr. Stem Cell Res. Ther. 9:396.
- Gene ID
- 7422 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about VEGF-A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.