- JK1RA-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, IL-1 inhibitor, IL-1 receptor antagonist protein (IRAP), IL-1 inhibitory activity, ILS, MG50, IL-1RN
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) is composed of three isoforms, one secreted (sIL-1Rα/IL-1Rα1), two intracellular (IL-1Rα2/IL-1Rα3) and produced by monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma cells, keratinocytes, and chondrocytes. It is upregulated by IL-1β, IL-4, IL-6 and downregulated by glucocorticoids. The JK1RA-1 antibody reacts with human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1 receptor antagonist
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.05% sodium azide, 0.02% Proclin 950.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 4-6 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified JK1RA-1 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5095 (Cat. No. 509501) antibody as the detecting antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Xi X, et al. 2011. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 52:4859. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_315547 (BioLegend Cat. No. 509901)
AB_315548 (BioLegend Cat. No. 509902)
- Cytokine; three isoforms, one secreted (sIL-1Rα/IL-1Rα1), two intracellular (IL-1Rα2/IL-1Rα3); 17 kD (Mammalian)
- Storage forms that are released upon cell death to limit inflammation caused by cell debris; competitive inhibitor of IL-1 receptor binding; antagonizes IL-1 activities without having agonist effects; does not initiate intracellular signal transduction pr
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma cells, keratino
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Carter D, et al. 1990. Nature 344:633.
2. Chirivi R, et al. 1993. Cancer Res. 53:5051.
3. Holtkamp G, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:215.
4. Kim J, et al. 2003. Gene Ther. 10:1543.
- Upregulated by IL-1β, IL-4, IL-6; downregulated by glucocorticoids
- Gene ID
- 3557 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1RA on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.