- Other Names
- Human IL-22 ELISA Kit, hIL-22 ELISA Kit, hIL-22 ELISA Max kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
IL-22 is a cytokine structurally related to IL-10. It was originally identified in mouse as a gene induced by IL-9 in T cells and mast cells. IL-22 was initially designated as ILTIF (IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor). IL-22 belongs to a family of cytokines with limited homology to IL-10, namely IL-10, IL-19, IL-20, IL-24, IL-26, IL-28A, IL-28B and IL-29 (the later three also known as IFN-gamma’s). Human IL-22 shares 79% amino acid identity with mouse IL-22 and 25% identity with human IL-10. IL-22 biological activity is initiated by the binding to a cell surface complex composed of IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains and further regulated by interactions with a soluble binding protein, IL-22BP, which share sequence similarity with an extracellular region of IL-22R1 (sIL-22R1). Both chains of the IL-22R complex belong to the class II CRF. Two types of IL-22 binding receptors have been discovered, a membrane-bound receptor and a soluble receptor, both encoded by different genes. IL-22 is produced by immune cells and acts on nonimmune cells to regulate local tissue inflammation. As a product of T helper 17 lineage of CD4 (+) effector lymphocytes, IL-22 plays a critical role in mucosal immunity as well as in deregulated inflammation observed in autoimmune diseases.
BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets are Engineered for Sensitive, Precise and Reliable Serum and Plasma Cytokine Quantitation.
The sets provide all the time-savings, convenience and performance of a high-end, commercial ELISA kit for a fraction of the price! BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets, in two appealing formats, address the need for sensitivity, accuracy, dependability, and versatility of an ELISA development system, while providing maximum cost effectiveness, value, and ease of use.
Both the ELISA Max™ Set Standard and ELISA Max™ Set Deluxe are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Human IL-22 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human IL-22 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human IL-22 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 16 pg/ml
- Standard Range
- 31.3-2,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.