- Other Names
- Interferon gamma-inducible protein 10 (IP10), Interferon gamma induced factor, gIP-10, IFI10, INP10, CXCL10 Precoated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
CXCL10, also known as IP-10, is a glutamic acid-leucine-arginine motif negative chemokine structurally and functionally related to MIG (CXCL9) and ITAC (CXCL11). CXCL10 is induced in a variety of cells in response to interferon-γ and lipopolysaccharide. These cell types include monocytes, macrophages, fibroblasts, and epithelial cells. CXCL10 (IP-10) chemoattracts CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, NK, and NKT cells via binding to its receptor CXCR3, which is shared with MIG and ITAC.
CXCL10 inhibits neovascularization in tumors and in wound healing in vivo. It also has anti-proliferative effects on endothelial cells in vitro, and angiostatic and antitumor effects in vivo. It has been suggested that the antiproliferative effect of CXCL10 in endothelial cells is CXCR3-independent and that it is mediated through glycosaminoglycan interaction. CXCL10 also possesses antimicrobial activity against E. coli and L. monocytogenes, and both the spore and bacillus forms of B. anthracis. It has been reported that CXCL10 may be important in the pathogenesis of chronic HCV infection, and the circulating CXCL10 concentration was increased in the early and subclinical stage of Type I diabetes patients. CXCL10 was significantly up-regulated in the salivary glands of patients with Sjögren's Syndrome. It also has been reported that CXCL10 was increased in the urine of patients with pulmonary diseases in the absence of renal dysfunction.
Both the ELISA MAX™ Set Standard and ELISA MAX™ Set Deluxe are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Human CXCL10/IP-10 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human CXCL10/IP-10 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human CXCL10/IP-10 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Matrix Diluent C (for serum and plasma samples)
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abou El Hassan M, et al. 2015. PLoS One.10:126466. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 4 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 15.6-1,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.