- C17.8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12 p40, Interleukin-23 p40, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The C17.8 antibody reacts with mouse IL-12 p40 subunit of the IL-12 p70 heterodimer and IL-23 p40 subunit of the IL-23 p19/p40, as well as p40 monomer and homodimer. The C17.8 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-12.Product Details
- Mouse, IL-12/IL-23 p40 subunit (monomer, homodimer and heterodimer IL-12 p35/p40 or IL-23 p19/p40)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO expressed, recombinant mouse IL-12 p70
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA - Quality tested
Neut, ICFC, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,2,6-9 or ELISPOT Detection: The biotinylated C17.8 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified C15.6 antibody (Cat. No. 505202/505208) as capture antibody and recombinant mouse IL-12/IL-23 p40 (Cat. No. 576909) or recombinant mouse IL-12 p70 (Cat. No. 577009) as the standard.
Neutralization1,2,4,5,6,10: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-12 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 505304). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 505308) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: Western blotting3, immunoprecipitation3, and intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis.
Note: For testing mouse IL-12 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer) in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431601 to 431606) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Kitagaki K, et al. 2002. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 9:1260.
- Reichmann G, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:3354.
- Wysocka M, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25:672.
- Neucath M, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:1281.
- Cousens LP, et al. 1999 J. Exp. Med. 189:1315.
- Gately M. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.16.
- O'Connell PJ, et al. 2006. Blood 107:1010.
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113.
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. PubMed
- Sugimoto K, et al. 2007. Gastroenterology 133:124. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_11150770 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505307)
AB_11148948 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505308)
AB_2783330 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505309)
AB_2783331 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505310)
AB_2783332 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505311)
AB_2783333 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505312)
- Cytokine; monomer, heterodimer (p40:p35 or p40:p19) or homodimer (p40:p40)
- IL-12 p70 (p40:p35) induces IFN-γ, TNF-a production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes. IL-23 (p40:p19) induces proliferation and production of IFN-γ by human me
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells
- IL-12Rβ1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rβ2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 16160 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p40 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.