- MP4-25D2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10, and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Swine (Pig, Porcine), Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO-expressed, recombinant human IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Dazzle™ 594 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PE/Dazzle™ 594 has a maximum excitation of 566 nm and a maximum emission of 610 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,3 or ELISPOT Detection4,5: The biotinylated MP4-25D2 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified 8D4-8 antibody (Cat. No. 500702/500707) as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry6,9: The fluorochrome-labeled MP4-25D2 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-4 -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1-3: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-4 bioactivity (Cat. No. 500815). The MP4-25D2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4.
- Application References
- Chretien I, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. Methods 117:67. (ELISA Detection, Neut)
- Ramanathan L, et al. 1993. Biochem. 32:3549. (Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Detection, Neut)
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567. (ELISPOT Detection)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Detection)
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Methods 188:117. (ICFC)
- Raqib R, et al. 1995. Infect. Immun. 63:289.
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (ICFC) PubMed
- Kubota M, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:5321.
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. PubMed
- Kroneke MA, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:3734. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564035 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500831)
AB_2564036 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500832)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.