- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-12/23 p40 Pre-coated ELISA
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|430707||1 Pre-coated Plate||280€|
IL-12 is secreted by activated B lymphocytes and macrophages as a 70 kD heterodimeric glycoprotein comprised of disulfide-bonded 35 kD and 40 kD subunits. IL-23 is a heterodimeric cytokine composed of two disulfide-linked subunits, a p19 subunit that is unique to IL-23, and a p40 subunit that is shared with IL-12. IL-23 is secreted by activated macrophages and dendritic cells. The disulfide-linked p40 homodimer can bind to IL-12 receptors and antagonize the activities of bioactive IL-12. IL-12/IL-23 p40 monomer is secreted in vast excess of IL-12 p70 heterodimer; IL-12/IL-23 p40 monomer has no activity and is antagonistic to IL-12 p70 with only 1/10th the activity of p40 homodimer. The antibodies in the mouse IL-12/IL-23 (p40) Legend MAX™ ELISA Kit react with the p40 subunit of mouse IL-12 and IL-23, as monomer and homodimer.
IL-12, IL-23 and IL-35 share common subunits, utilizing combinations of p40, p19 and p35 proteins. Caution must be used when selecting antibodies and assays when specific identification, measurement, as well as activation state discrimination, is required.
1. Active IL-12 consists of two subunits: p40 + p35.
2. p40 can also exist as a monomer (IL-12 p40) or a homodimer (IL-12 p80).
3. Besides contributing to IL-12, p40 is also found in IL-23, a heterodimer of p40 and p19.
4. Similarly, p35 not only contributes to IL-12, but is also found in the heterodimer IL-35 (p35 and EBI3).
Note that assays using antibodies specific for the p40 subunit will be unable to discriminate between the active IL-12, monomeric p40, dimeric p40, and IL-23; likewise, assays using p35 detection alone will pick up both IL-12 (heterodimer) and IL-35.
BioLegend ELISA assays
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-12/IL-23 (p40) ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a human IL-12/IL-23 (p40) specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
This Human IL-12/IL-23 (p40) ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human IL-12/IL-23 (p40) from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-12/IL-23 (p40)Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-12/IL-23 (p40) Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-12/IL-23 (p40) Standard
- Matrix A (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 9.5 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 31.3-2,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.