- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Poliovirus receptor-like 2, PVRL2, Herpesvirus entry mediator B, HVEB, Poliovirus receptor-related 2, PRR2, CD112 antigen, Nectin2, Nectin-2, CD112
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD112/Nectin-2, also known as poliovirus receptor related protein 2 (PVRL2), is a Ca2+ independent immunoglobulin-like cell adhesion molecule that belongs to the Nectin family. Nectins were originally identified as virus receptors and the family consists of four members, nectin-1, nectin-2, nectin-3 and nectin-4. Nectin-1, nectin-2, and nectin-3 were named PVRL1, PVRL2, and PVRL3 and assigned as CD111, CD112, and CD113, respectively. Nectins mediate both homophilic and heterophilic interactions. They first form cis-homodimers followed by dimer formation in trans. The trans-interaction can be either homophilic or heterophilic. CD112/Nectin-2 also binds to DNAM-1/CD226 on NK cells. The interaction between CD112 and CD226 can induce NK cell and CD8+ T cell-mediated cytotoxicity and cytokine secretion. CD112/Nectin-2 also serves as an entry for certain mutant strains of herpes simplex virus and pseudorabies virus. CD112/Nectin-2 localizes to adherens junctions between neurons, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts.Product Details
- Mouse CD112, amino acids Gln32-Gly351 (Accession # NM_008990.3) with a C-terminal human IgG1 Fc tag was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 559 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 61.5 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 65 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 130 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gln.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2, 5% Glycerol
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for one month, at -20°C for six months, or at -70°C for one year. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C to -70°C. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in sterile buffer (PBS, HPBS, DPBS, or EBSS) containing carrier protein such as 0.2-1% BSA or HSA and stored in working aliquots at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When mouse CD112R (Cat. No. 776602) is immobilized at 1.0 µg/mL, biotinylated mouse CD112 binds with an EC50 of 15 - 60 ng/mL. HRP Avidin (Cat. No. 405103) was used to detect the binding.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disulfide-linked homodimer, biotinylated via amines
Localizes to adherens junctions between neurons, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts
- Modulator of T-cell signaling. Can be either a costimulator or a coinhibitor of T-cell function. Upon binding to CD226, it stimulates T-cell proliferation and cytokine production. Upon interaction with PVRIG, it inhibits T-cell proliferation.
- Neurons, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, fibroblasts
- Measured by its ability to bind mouse CD112R
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Neurons, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Morrison ME, et al. 1992. J Virol. 66:2807-2813.
- Warner MS, et al. 1998. Virology. 246:179-189.
- Bottino C, et al. 2003. J Exp Med. 198:557-567.
- Liu J, et al. 2012. J Immun. 188:5511-5520.
- Zhu Y, et al. 2016. J Exp Med. 213:167-176.
- Gene ID
- 19294 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD112 on UniProt.org