- M17/4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- αL integrin, LFA-1 α subunit, Ly-15, Ly-21, ITGAL
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD11a is a 180 kD glycoprotein, also known as αL integrin, LFA-1 α, Ly-15, or Ly-21. It is a member of the integrin family, primarily expressed on lymphocytes, monocytes/macrophages, and granulocytes. In association with CD18, the CD11a/CD18 complex forms LFA-1. CD11a plays an important role in intercellular adhesion and costimulation by binding its ligands, ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), and ICAM-3 (CD50).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/6 mouse splenic secondary cytotoxic T cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The M17/4 antibody can block CD11a-mediated cellular adhesion. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, in vitro blocking of cell-cell adhesion1,2 and FOXP3 expression5, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections3. The M17/4 antibody does not block the binding of 2D7 antibody (Cat. No. 101002) to CD11a. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101110). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 101118) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sanchez-Madrid F, et al. 1982. Cell Immunol. 73:1. (IP, Block)
- Kuhlman P, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:1773. (IP, Block)
- Mizgerd JP, et al. 1997. J. Exp. Med. 186:1357. (IHC)
- Hailman E and Allen PM. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:4847. (FC)
- Verhagen J and Wraith DC. 2014. J. Immunol. Methods. S0022. (Block) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2819777 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101117)
AB_2561478 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101118)
AB_2819778 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101127)
AB_2819779 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101128)
AB_2819780 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101129)
AB_2832270 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101130)
- Integrin family, associates with integrin β2 (CD18), 180 kD
Lymphocytes, granulocytes, monocytes, macrophages
- Cellular adhesion
- ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50)
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Springer TA. 1994. Cell 76:301.
3. Lub M, et al. 1995. Immunol. Today 16:479.
- Gene ID
- 16408 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11a on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|PE anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0595 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0595 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0595 anti-mouse CD11a||M17/4||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD11a
FITC anti-mouse CD11a
LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD11a
PE anti-mouse CD11a
Purified anti-mouse CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD11a
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD11a
APC anti-mouse CD11a
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD11a
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD11a
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD11a
TotalSeq™-A0595 anti-mouse CD11a
TotalSeq™-C0595 anti-mouse CD11a
TotalSeq™-B0595 anti-mouse CD11a