- L3D10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD152, also known as Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Antigen 4 (CTLA-4), is a 33 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is transiently expressed on activated T cells. CTLA4 is expressed on the surface of helper T cells and transmits an inhibitory signal to T cells. Regulatory T cells express high levels of CTLA-4. CTLA-4 (CD152) is similar to CD28 in amino acid sequence, structure, and genomic organization. Whereas CD28 delivers a costimulatory signal in T cell activation, CTLA-4 negatively regulates cell-mediated immune responses through interaction with CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2) present on antigen presenting cells (APC). CTLA-4 is thought to play a role in the induction and maintenance of immunological tolerance as well as the development of protective immunity and thymocyte regulation.
Mutations in the CTLA-4 gene have been associated with various autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, and other autoimmune diseases. A transcript of the CTLA-4 gene that may represent a native soluble form of CTLA-4 (sCTLA-4) showed that eleven of twenty patients with autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD) had a high concentration of sCTLA-4, whereas only 1 of 30 apparently healthy volunteers contained measurable levels. sCTLA-4 immunoreactivity was inhibited by its binding to B7.1, suggesting that sCTLA-4 is a functional receptor. sCTLA4 also plays a role in the initial immune response to infection of immune cells by HIV, along with the CD-1 pathway and others.
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Extracellular domain of human CTLA-4 and human IgG1 Fc fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ICFC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated L3D10 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified A3.6B10.G1 antibody (Cat. No. 525401) as the capture antibody and recombinant human CTLA-4 (Cat. No. 591909) as the standard.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled L3D10 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify CTLA-4-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Note: For testing human soluble CTLA-4 in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human Soluble CTLA-4 ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 437407) are specially developed and recommended.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Blocking of CTLA-4/B7-1 interaction and blocking of CTLA-4-mediated inhibitory function to promote T cell expansion1,2.
This clone has been tested in-house and determined to not be suitable for applications in immunohistochemistry of frozen or paraffin-embedded tissue sections (IHC-F or IHC-P).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- May K, et al. 2005. Blood 105:1114. (Block)
- Lute K, et al. 2005. Blood 106:3127. (Block)
AB_2783243 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349931)
AB_2783244 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349932)
- Ig superfamily, 33 kD
Activated T cells and B cells
- Negative regulator of T cell activation
- Antigen presenting cells, such as dendritic cells
- B7-1 (CD80), B7-2 (CD86)
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay N, et al. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
2. Kuiper H, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:1776.
3. Lindsten T, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:3489.
4. Morton P, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:1047.
- Gene ID
- 1493 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD152 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC, Block|
|PE anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|APC anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|Biotin anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ELISA Detection|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|GoInVivo™ Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC, Block|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC, Block|
|KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4) Antibody||L3D10||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)||L3D10||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
APC anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Biotin anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4) Antibody
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD152 (CTLA-4)