- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor, Colony Stimulating Factor 3 (CSF3), GCSF, Pluripoietin, Lenograstim
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
G-CSF is the key hematopoietic cytokine involved in the control of neutrophil development; therefore it is a critical regulator of innate immunity against bacterial infections. G-CSF mobilizes stem cells indirectly by down-regulating the expression of CXCL12 on marrow osteoblasts and by releasing neutrophil and monocyte proteolytic enzymes, including neutrophil elastase, cathepsin G, and matrix metalloproteinase-9, which in turn degrade important HSC-trafficking and adhesion molecules CD117 (c-kit), CD106 (VCAM-1), and CD184 (CXCR4). In addition, G-CSF possesses immunosuppressive effects on monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, and T lymphocytes. The receptor for G-CSF is expressed not only in hematopoietic cells; but also in cardiomyocytes, skeletal muscle, and neurons. G-CSF influences mouse skeletal muscle development and regeneration by stimulating myoblast proliferation. In vitro, G-CSF displays strong antiapoptotic activity in neuronal cells. Also, G-CSF has pleiotropic actions in the central nervous system. It has been reported to have neuroprotective effect in focal cerebral ischemia models and it counteracts programmed cell death and drives neurogenesis.Product Details
- Rat G-CSF amino acids (Ile22 – Ile214) (Accession # NM_017104.1) was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 193 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 21.2 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 25 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ile.
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE gel as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Rat G-CSF induces the proliferation of M-NFS-60 mouse myelogenous leukemia cells. The proliferation was measured using Deep Blue Cell Viability™ Kit (Cat. No. 424701). The ED50 = 0.02 - 0.1 ng/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monocytes, mesothelial cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, and neurons.
- G-CSF acts on myeloid progenitor cells to stimulate survival, proliferation, and neutrophilic maturation; on mature neutrophils, G-CSF enhances survival, superoxido anion and alkaline phosphatase production, arachidonic acid release, and antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity.
- Hematopoietic progenitor cells, neutrophilic granulocytes, monocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, trophoblastic cells, myoblasts, cardiomyocytes, neurons, and some small cell lung carcinoma cell lines.
- Rat G-CSF induces the proliferation of M-NFS-60 cell.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
- Schneider A, et al. 2005. J Clin Invest. 115:2083.
- Kim HK, et al. 2006. Blood 108:812.
- Donahue RE, et al. 2009. Blood 114:2530.
- Shimoji K, et al. 2010. Cell. Stem. Cell. 6:227.
- Martins A, et al. 2010. IUBMB Life 62:611.
- Hara M, et al. 2011. J Exp Med. 208:715.
- Kadota R, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e50391.
- Gene ID
- 25610 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about G-CSF on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)