- Poly28638 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LPS-Binding Protein, Lipopolysaccharide Binding Protein, Lipopolysaccharide-Binding Protein, BPI Fold Containing Family D, Member 2, BPIFD2
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
LPS-binding protein (LBP) is a protein that binds to the lipid A moiety of bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS), which is a glycolipid present in the outer membrane of all Gram-negative bacteria. It is involved in the immunological response to infections of Gram-negative bacteria, together with bactericidal permeability-increasing protein (BPI). LBP also interacts with the CD14 receptor and enhances its association with LPS. LBP is associated with diseases including bacterial sepsis, and is related to cytokine release in response to bacteria in immune system.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant LBP expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage, aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2820150 (BioLegend Cat. No. 863801)
- LBP is a 481 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~53 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, kidney, lung, and immune system
Cellular Distribution: Extracellular, nucleus, and membrane
- Innate immune response
- LPS, BPI, CD14 receptor
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal cells, Monocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Bacterial proteins and Toxins, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Pretorius E, et al. 2018. PLoS One. 13(3): e0192121.
- Sakura T, et al. 2017. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 16(1):62.
- Worthmann H, et al. 2015. J Neuroinflammation. 12:13.
- Gene ID
- 3929 View all products for this Gene ID 16803 View all products for this Gene ID 29469 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LBP on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.