- M6005C04 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ACLSD, ALS, insulin-like growth factor binding protein, acid labile subunit
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) are found in binary complexes with members of IGF-binding protein family (IGFBP-1 to -6). IGFALS is the acid-labile subunit of the IGF binding protein complex that forms ternary complexes with IGFs and IGFBP-3/IGFBP-5. IGFALS has no affinity for free IGFs and has a very low affinity for uncomplexed IGFBP-3/IGFBP-5, but readily binds to the IGFs and IGFBP-3/IGFBP-5 complex, which extends the serum half-lives of IGFs. IGFALS is mainly produced by the liver and is exclusively found in high concentration in postnatal serum. IGFALS production is predominantly stimulated by the growth hormone. Mutations in IGFALS causes ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, deficiency, which manifests itself as delayed and slow puberty. IGFALS mutations have also been associated with insulin resistance. Mature IGFALS protein is composed of 578 amino acids with 20 leucine-rich repeats. It shares 93% identity between mouse and rat, and 79% between mouse and human.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Capture applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 8.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IGFALS recombinant protein ranging from 3.125 to 100 ng/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The pure M6005C04 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated M6001E07 antibody (Cat. No. 537404) as the detection antibody and Recombinant Human IGFALS (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 758809).
AB_2783348 (BioLegend Cat. No. 537302)
Produced by the liver and is mainly found in the postnatal serum.
- IGFALS production is stimulated by growth hormone and is important for extending the serum half life of IGF.
- IGF-1/IGF-2 and IGFBP-3/IGFBP-5 binary complexes
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Carrier Proteins
- Antigen References
- Baxter RC, Dai J. 1994. Endocrinology. 134:848-852.
- Twigg SM, Baxter RC. 1998. J Biol Chem. 273(11):6074-9.
- Khosravi MJ, et al. 1997. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 82:3944-3951.
- Domene HM, et al. 2004. New Eng J Med. 350:570-577.
- Domene HM, et al. 2005. J Endocrinol Invest. 28(5):43-6.
- Gene ID
- 3483 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IGFALS on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.