- 24-31 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD40L, gp39, TRAP, T-BAM, TNFSF5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD154 (CD40 ligand) is also known as CD40L, gp39, TRAP and T-BAM. CD40 ligand is a 32-39 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a member of the TNF superfamily and is expressed on activated T cells. It has been reported to be important for B cell costimulation following binding of its receptor, CD40. Additionally, binding of CD40L to CD40 on B cells promotes the secretion of immunoglobulin and Ig isotype switching. CD40L is also involved in the regulation of cytokine production by T cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, PG - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy1,3 and blocking of T cell-dependent B cell differentiation1,2,4,5. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 310812). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 310828) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Brams P, et al. 2001. Int. Immunopharmacol. 1:277. (Block, IF)
- Rushworth SA, et al. 2002. Transplantation 73:635. (Block)
- Berner B, et al. 2000. Ann. Rheum. Dis. 59:190. (IF)
- Nordström T, et al. 2006. J. Leukocyte Biol. 79:319. (Block)
- Zhang AL, et al.2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-076364. (Block) PubMed
- Kuchen S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5886.
- Matus-Nicodermos R, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:2164. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_314825 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310802)
- TNF superfamily, type II transmembrane glycoprotein, cleaved as soluble CD40L, 32-39 kD
Activated T cells
- B cell costimulation
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Najafian N, et al. 2003. Expert Opin. Biol. Ther. 3:227.
2. Racke M, et al. 2002. Expert Opin. Ther. Targets. 6:275.
3. Ford G, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:4037.
- Gene ID
- 959 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD154 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.