- Poly28025 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Glutamate receptor 1, GluR1, glutamate receptor A, glutamate receptor subunit GluR1, AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 1, glutamate receptor, ionotropic, AMPA1 (alpha 1), GLUH1, GLUR1, GLURA, GluA1, HBGR1, gluR-1, gluR-A, gluR-K1
Covance Catalog# PRB-509P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GluR1 belongs to the family of Glutamate Receptors (GluRs) that are essential for regulating excitatory synaptic transmission by L-glutamate in the CNS of vertebrates. These are mostly expressed in granule and pyramidal cells in the hippocampus. GluRs can be categorized as ionotropic or metabotropic and subcategorized by their specific agonists (NMDA, AMPA or Kainic acid). There are four types of AMPA related GluR subunits (GluR1, GluR2, GluR3 and GluR4) that are generated by alternative RNA splicing. Tetrameric or pentameric combinations of different subunits contribute to the functional diversity of AMPA receptors.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acids residues surrounding the phospho (Ser845) of rat glutamate receptor subunit, GluR1.
- 10 mM HEPES (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 µg/ml BSA, and 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P, WB, IP, ELISA
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1000 - 1:2500
• IHC-P: 1:500 - 1:1250
• IP: 1:1000 - 1:2500
• ELISA: 1:1000 - 1:2500
Tissue: FFPE Rat Brain
- Application Notes
These antibodies are effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunoprecipitation (IP), and ELISA.
*Predicted MW=100 kD
This antibody is specific for Mr 100 kD GluR1 phosphorylated at Ser 845. Immunolabeling of the 100 kD band in a rat hippocampal homogenate is blocked by the phosphopeptide but not by the dephosphopeptide. This antibody was purified by sequential chromatography on protein A and phospho- and dephospho- peptide affinity columns.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nagy GG, Al-Ayyan M, Andrew D, Fukaya M, Watanabe M, Todd AJ. Widespread expression of the AMPA receptor GluR2 subunit at glutamatergic synapses in the rat spinal cord and phosphorylation of GluR1 in response to noxious stimulation revealed with an antigen-unmasking method. J Neurosci 24(25):5766-77, 2004. (IHC, IF)
- Roche KW, O'Brien RJ, Mammen AL, Bernhardt J, Huganir RL. Characterization of multiple phosphorylation sites on the AMPA receptor GluR1 subunit. Neuron 16:1179-1188, 1996. (IP)
AB_2564646 (BioLegend Cat. No. 802501)
- Cell Type
- Glutamatergic Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins, Phospho-Proteins
- Gene ID
- 50592 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GluR1 Phospho Ser845 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-GluR1 Phospho (Ser845)||Poly28025||IHC-P, WB, IP, ELISA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.