- POH-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cell division cycle 2, G1 to S and G2 to M, cyclin dependent kinase 1, p34 kinase, CDK1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Cdc2 (p34), also known as cell division cycle 2, G1 to S and G2 to M; cyclin dependent kinase 1, p34 kinase, and CDK1, is serine/threonine kinase that is ubiquitously expressed in eukaryotes. Cdc2 is found as both a cytoplasmic and nuclear protein. cdc2 is a catalytic subunit of a protein kinase called the M-phase promoting factor that induces entry into mitosis universally in eukaryotes. The cdc2 protein is highly phosphorylated on threonine, serine, and tyrosine; tyrosine phosphorylation is subject to cell cycle regulation. Cdc2 has been shown to interact with numerous proteins including cyclin A1, cyclin A2, cyclin B1, cyclin B2, BRCA1, dynamin 2, Fyn, Lyn, and p53. The POH-1 antibody recognizes human, monkey and bovine cdc2 and is useful for Western blotting. The POH-1 antibody has also been reported to be useful for immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry (formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded), and immunofluorescence.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human cdc2 protein
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.4, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- This antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
IP, IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 1.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not react with Mouse, Rat, Xenopus, Drosophila.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1 of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embeded tissue sections and immunoprecipitation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lukas J, et al. 1992. Eur. J. Biochem. 207:169.
- Product Citations
AB_2074779 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626901)
- Serine/threonine kinase; molecular weight approximately 34 kD
Ubiquitous expression in eukaryotes, cytoplasmic and nuclear.
- cdc2 is a catalytic subunit of a protein kinase called the M-phase promoting factor that induces entry into mitosis universally among eukaryotes.
- Interacts with numerous proteins including cyclin A1, cyclin A2, cyclin B1, cyclin B2, BRCA1, dynamin 2, Fyn, Lyn, p53
- Highly phosphorylated (threonine, serine, tyrosine); tyrosine phosphorylation subject to cell cycle regulation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Draetta G, et al. 1988. Nature 336:738.
- Gene ID
- 983 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about cdc2 p34 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-cdc2 (p34)||POH-1||WB, ICC, IHC, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.