- D6E10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Apolipoprotein E, apolipoprotein E3, AD2, LDLCQ5, LPG, ApoE
Signet Catalog# 9740-02
Signet Catalog# 9740-05
Signet Catalog# 9740-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39740
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Apo-E is a class of apolipoprotein primarily synthesized in the liver, but is also found in other tissues such as brain, kidneys, and spleen. Apo-E is a protein component of serum chylomicron and lipoprotein particles, playing essential roles in cholesterol transportation, homeostasis, and metabolism. The expression of Apo-E is induced by cholesterol-rich diets and hyperlipoproteinemia. In the central nervous system, Apo-E is produced by astrocytes and microglia. The Apo-E-containing lipoprotein particles play important functions in brain injury repair, neurogenesis, and synaptic plasticity. Apo-E has been found to be involved in the regulation of amyloid-β aggregation and clearance. Genetic polymorphisms of Apo-E are associated with neuron degenerative disorders including Alzheimer's disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a peptide sequence corresponding to aa 141-160 of human Apo-E.
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Munoz DG and Feldman H. 2000. CMAJ. 162(1):65-72.
- Hagberg JM, et al. 2000. Physiol Genomics. 4(2):101-108.
- Saunders AM. 2000. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 59(9):751-8.
- Golabek AA, et al. 2000. Biophys J. 79(2):1008-15.
- Zunarelli E, et al. 2000. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 63(3):193-8.
- Zunarelli E, et al. 2000. Clin Neuropathol. 19(1):1-6.
- Tomiyama T, et al. 1999. Cell Mol Life Sci. 6(3-4):268-79.
- Golabek AA., et al. 1996. J Biol Chem. 271(18):10602-6.
- Product Citations
AB_2564662 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803301)
AB_2564661 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803303)
|Purified anti-Apo E||D6E10||WB, IHC-P|
|Biotin anti-Apo E||D6E10||WB|
|HRP anti-Apo E||D6E10||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.