- BL168 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin IL-17A, IL-17, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-17A is the founding member of the IL-17 family, a group of six structurally related pro-inflammatory cytokines. IL-17A, secreted by activated CD4+ Th17 cell subpopulation, elicits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, and PGE2 production in epithelial, endothelial or fibroblasts; the enhancement of surface expression of ICAM-1 in fibroblasts; activation of NF-κB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. Recent studies demonstrated that, in mice, activated IL-17-secreting CD4+ helper T cells (Th17 cells) mediate an autoimmune arthritis that clinically and immunologically resembles rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Human IL-17A shows 63%, 63%, and 72% amino acid sequence identity to rat IL-17A, mouse IL-17A, and a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpesvirus Saimiri (HVS), respectively.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The IL-17A antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells or 20 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Product Citations
AB_961397 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512313)
AB_961396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512314)
- Cytokine; dimer; ~15 kD (Mammalian)
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cell subpopulation
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:41.
2. Furuzawa-Carballeda J, et al. 2007. Autoimmun. Rev. 6:169.
3. Witowski J, et al. 2007. Kidney Int. 71:514.
4. Gaffen SL, et al. 2006. Vitam. Horm. 74:255.
5. Hymowitz S, et al. 2001. EMBO J. 20:5332.
- Gene ID
- 3605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.