- 9F4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SMUCKLER (Spleen, mucin-containg, knock-out of lymphotoxin (LT)), TIMD4 (T-cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing 4)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein (TIM) family encodes cell surface receptors that are involved in the regulation of T helper (Th-1 and Th-2) cell-mediated immunity. Tim-4, which is preferentially expressed on macrophages and dendritic cells, is the natural ligand of Tim-1. This binding leads to T-cell expansion and cytokine production. Unlike other members of the TIM family, Tim-4 lacks a putative tyrosine phosphorylation signal sequence in its intracellular domain. The Tim-4 gene maps to a locus associated with predisposition to asthma in both mice and humans and is connected to Tim-1-triggered Th2 responsiveness.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human TIM-4- IgV Fc, fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 9F4 recognizes the FG loop of human Tim-41.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kobayashi N, et al. 2007. Immunity 27:927.
AB_2564541 (BioLegend Cat. No. 354005)
AB_2564542 (BioLegend Cat. No. 354006)
- Type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and mucin domain containing protein 4.
Splenic CD14+, macrophages, immature DC.
- Tim-1 ligation to Tim-4 induces T cell proliferation, promotes cytokine production, and aids in the regulation of Th2 immunity.
- Phosphatiylserine is the receptor of Tim-4, and Tim-4 is a ligand of Tim-1.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Kobayashi N, et al. 2007. Immunity 27:927.
2. Meyers JH, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:455.
3. Kuchroo VK, et al. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:454.
4. Shakhov AN, et al. 2004. Eur. J. Immunol. 34:494.
- Gene ID
- 91937 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tim-4 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human Tim-4||9F4||FC|
|PE anti-human Tim-4||9F4||FC|
|APC anti-human Tim-4||9F4||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Tim-4||9F4||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0428 anti-human Tim-4||9F4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0428 anti-human Tim-4||9F4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0428 anti-human Tim-4||9F4||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.