- 14B11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ly-49 inhibitory receptors C, F and I and the activating receptor H
- Syrian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 14B11 antibody reacts with a common epitope of Ly-49C/F/I/H family members also known as Ly-49 inhibitory receptors C, F, and I and activating receptor H. It does not react with other Ly-49 members (i.e., Ly-49A, B, D, and G). Ly-49 is a type-II transmembrane, disulfide-linked homodimer with C-type lectin extracellular domains that binds to MHC class I. Ly-49C/F/I/H is expressed on a subset of NK cells, NK-T cells and some CD8+ cells. Ly-49C/F/I, like other members of this family, inhibits NK cell activation through the recognition and interaction of certain MHC class I haplotypes on potential target cells. Ly-49C, Ly-49F, and Ly-49I contain an ITIM motif in their cytoplasmic tails, while Ly-49H lacks ITIM. Ly-49H is encoded by the Cmv1r gene, which promotes resistance to infection by mouse cytomegalovirus (CMV). BALB/c mice are reported to lack the Ly-49H and Ly-49I receptors. The 14B11 antibody, when bound to NK cells, is capable of inducing redirected cell lysis and blocking NK cell effector function.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- IL-2-activated killer cells (LAK) from C57BL/6 mice
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: induction of redirected lysis1, and blocking2 of the binding of H-2d lymphoblasts to transfectants expressing Ly-49C, Ly-49F, and Ly-49I.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Corral L, et al. 1999. Hybridoma 18:359.
- Hanke T, et al. 1999. Immunity 11:67.
AB_2185816 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108207)
AB_2185815 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108208)
This product may be used for research purposes only. It is not licensed for resale and may only be used by the buyer. This product may not be used and is not licensed for clinical assays, where the results of such assays are provided as a diagnostic service. If a diagnostic or therapeutic use is anticipated, then a license must be requested for the University of California. The availability of such diagnostic and therapeutic use license(s) cannot be guaranteed from the University of California.
- Ly-49 family, 110 kD
NK and NK-T cells, some CD8+ T cells
- NK cell activation or inhibition
- MHC Class I Molecules
- Cell Type
- NK cells, NKT cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Ryan JC, et al. 1997. Immunol. Rev. 155:79.
2. Mason LH, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 159:4187.
3. Lanier LL. 1998. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 16:359.
4. Yokoyama W, et al. 1993. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 11:613.
- Gene ID
- 16634 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-49C/F/I/H on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.