- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-31, IL-31 Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|445707||1 Pre-coated Plate||£270.00|
Interleukin-31 (IL-31) is a newly identified member of the gp130/IL-6 cytokine family.It is composed of 144 amino acid and has molecular mass of 16 kD. IL-31 is produced mainly by type 2 T helper cells. The mature form of IL-31 contains a four helix structure. Human IL-31 shares 31% amino acid sequence identity with mouse IL-31.
IL-31 is a pleiotropic cytokine which is associated with immune response, hematopoiesis, and cytokine induction. IL-31 signals through a heterodimer receptor which consists of unique gp130-like receptor chain IL-31RA, and the receptor subunit OSMRß that is shared with another family member oncostatin M (OSM). When IL-31 binds to the receptor, the complex is able to activate different signaling pathways including JAK/STAT, PI3K/AKT, and MAPK.
Studies on a mouse model show that high levels of IL-31 is associated with developing severe atopic dermatitis. IL-31 receptor expression is also increased in diseased tissues derived from an animal model of airway hypersensitivity. In addition, this cytokine plays a key role in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-31 Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) kit includes a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a goat polyclonal anti-human IL-31 capture antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated goat polyclonal anti-human IL-31 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human IL-31 from cell culture supernatant, serum, and plasma. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-31 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-31 Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-31 Standard
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 1.1 pg/mL ± 0.4 pg/mL pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.