- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CCL20 ELISA Kit, CK64, LARC, MIP-3α
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
CCL20 (MIP-3α) belongs to the CC chemokine family. Human CCL20 is a protein of 96 amino acids, which shares 28% amino acid identity with MIP-1β and 64% amino acid sequence identity with mouse CCL20. CCL20 is produced by activated monocytes, T cells, neutrophils, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and fibroblasts. Its expression is induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and inflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor, IL-1β and interferon-γ, and downregulated by IL-10.
CCL20 is the ligand for chemokine receptor CCR6, which is expressed on memory T cells, B cells, and immature dendritic cells (DCs). Therefore, it is involved in the regulation of DC trafficking and recruitment and activation of T cells. CCL20 also has potent antimicrobial activity.
Upregulation of CCL20 plays important roles in autoimmune pathogenesis of the central nerve system (MS), pathogenesis of encephalomyelitis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel diseases. CCL20 is also involved in various cancers, such as gastrointestinal cancers, pancreatic cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, and breast cancer.
The BioLegend ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The human CCL20 (MIP-3α) capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and CCL20 (MIP-3α) binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-human CCL20 (MIP-3α) detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of CCL20 (MIP-3α) present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader.
- Kit Contents
- Human CCL20 (MIP-3α) ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL20 (MIP-3α) ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL20 (MIP-3α) Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 2.5 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 2.5-160 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4,
0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS +
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid
solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.