- A16099G (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, Astrocyte-derived trophic factor (ATF), ATF1, ATF2, HSCR3, HFB1-GDNF
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a member of the TGF-β superfamily and was first identified as a growth factor supporting the survival of embryonic midbrain neurons. GDNF has been shown to promote the development, differentiation, and survival of dopaminergic neurons by signaling through GDNF family receptor α-1 (GFRα1) and the coreceptor RET receptor tyrosine kinase. Dysregulated expression of GDNF has been reported to be associated with several mental diseases, which include depression and schizophrenia. GDNF is considered as a promising therapeutic agent for the treatment of Parkinson's disease because it can protect dopaminergic neurons from neurotoxins and promote neuron regeneration after injury. In addition to the functions in the nervous system, GDNF is also required for the differentiation of spermatogonia and kidney development. Upregulated expression of GDNF was observed in various cancer cell lines and correlates with malignant cancer progression, suggesting a role of GDNF in carcinogenesis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human GDNF
- 0.1 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by blocking the binding between recombinant human GFRα and recombinant human GDNF (Cat. No. 760402). The ND50 range is 0.05 - 0.4 μg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies. BioLegend GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies are manufactured in a dedicated GMP facility and compliant with ISO 13485:2016. For research or ex vivo cell processing use. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Our processes include:
- Batch-to-batch consistency
- Material traceability
- Documented procedures
- Documented employee training
- Equipment maintenance and monitoring records
- Lot-specific certificates of analysis
- Quality audits per ISO 13485:2016
- QA review of releaed products
BioLegend GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies are manufactured and tested in accordance with USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and Ph. Eur. Chapter 5.2.12.
- Disulfide-linked homodimer
GDNF is a secreted protein that is widely expressed in the developing and adult central nervous system.
- GDNF is a neurotrophic factor that promotes the development, differentiation, and the survival of dopaminergic neurons. It also participates in the recovery process after brain surgery.
- GDNF targets the neuronal cells expressing GDNF family receptors.
- GDNF interacts with GDNF family receptor α-1 (GFRα1) and has a lower affinity with GFRα2, GFRα3, and GFRα4.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mature Neurons, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Schwann Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Allen SJ, et al. 2013. Pharmacol Ther. 138:155.
- Hendrich J, et al. 2012. Neuroscience. 219:204.
- Hidalgo-Figueroa M, et al. 2012. J Neurosci. 32:864.
- Pascual A, et al. 2011. J Mol Endocrinol. 3:R83-92.
- Carnicella S, et al. 2009. Pharmacol Ther. 122:9.
- Sariola H, et al. 2003. J Cell Sci. 116:3855.
- Gene ID
- 2668 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GDNF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.