- 11B11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which stimulates the growth and activation of certain B cells and T cells. IL-4 is important for regulation of T helper subset development.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified native mouse IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 605™ under optimal conditions.
- µg size: 0.2 mg/mLµL size: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.4 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 605™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 603 nm. The bandpass filter 610/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 605™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA1,2,10,13 or ELISPOT5 Capture: The purified 11B11 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BVD6-24G2 antibody (Cat. No. 504202) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-4 (Cat. No. 575609) as the standard. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1-2,9,12: The 11B11 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-4 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 504108).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation16, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections8 and paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections6,7, and immunocytochemistry4.
Note: For testing mouse IL-4 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431101 to 431106) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Shirai A, et al. 1994. Cytokine 6:329. (ELISA, Neut)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA, Neut)
- Assenmacher M, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1097.
- Openshaw P, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:1357. (ICC)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISA Capture)
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Methods 175:47. (IHC)
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Fan WY, et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045. (IHC)
- Hara M, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:3789. (Neut)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. (ELISA)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Wang W, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4885. (Neut)
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. (ELISA) PubMed
- Ohnmacht C, et al. 2008. Blood 113:2816. PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Zavorotinskaya T, et al. 2003. Mol. Ther. 7:155. (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_2562101 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504125)
AB_2686971 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504126)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16189 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
|APC anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|PE anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, IP, IHC, ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICC, IP, IHC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-4 (Maxpar® Ready)||11B11||ELISA Capture, CyTOF®|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse IL-4||11B11||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse IL-4
PE anti-mouse IL-4
Purified anti-mouse IL-4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-4
Purified anti-mouse IL-4 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-4
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse IL-4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse IL-4