- P1H12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Muc-18, MCAM, Mel-CAM, S-endo
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD146 is a 118 kD integral transmembrane glycoprotein that is also known as MUC18, S-Endo, MCAM, and Mel-CAM (melanoma cell adhesion molecule). It belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD146 is expressed on melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells, and activated keratinocytes. CD146 mediates heterophilic cell adhesion and regulates monocyte transendothelial migration. The ligand of CD146 remains to be identified.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Dog, Rabbit
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Cultured human umbilical cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: Western blotting3 and IHC1,5.
Clone P1H12 cross-reacts to Dog2, 5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Solovey A, et al. 1997. N. Engl. J. Med. 337:1584. (FC, IHC)
- Lamerato-Kozicki AR, et al. 2006. Exp. Hematol. 34:870. (FC)
- Balint K, et al. 2005. J. Clin. Invest. 115:3166. (WB)
- Neskey DM, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res. 27:61. (ELISA)
- Kamstock D, et al. 2006. Cancer Gene Therap. 13:306. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2783269 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361021)
AB_2783270 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361022)
- 118 kD integral glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
Melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells
- Adhesion, monocytes transendothelial migration
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Pickl WF, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:2107.
2. Weninger W, et al. 2000. J. Invest. Dermatol. 115:219.
3. Sorrentino A, et al. 2008. Exp. Hematol. 36:1035.
4. Bardin N, et al. 2009. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 29:746.
- Gene ID
- 4162 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD146 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.