- HNK-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- HNK-1, NK-1, Leu-7
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD57, also known as HNK-1, NK-1, and Leu-7 is a 100-115 kD oligosaccharide antigenic determinant expressed on a variety of proteins, lipids, and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans. CD57 is expressed on a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, including NK cells and CD8+ T cells, and is also expressed on neural cells and striated muscle. CD57 is not expressed on red blood cells, granulocytes, monocytes, or platelets. While the function of CD57 is unknown, binding to L-selectin, P-selectin, and a fragment of laminin suggests that CD57 may be involved in cell-matrix interactions. CD57 is increased in some disease states associated with CD4/CD8 imbalances (AIDS, autoimmune disease, viral infections, and allograft transplants).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Membrane extract of human lymphoblastoid cell line HSB-2.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: Western blotting1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yoshihara Y, et al. 1991. J. Cell Biol. 115:731. (WB)
- Abo T, et al. 1981. J. Immunol. 127:1024.
- Abo T, et al. 1982. J. Immunol. 129:1752.
- Abo T, et al. 1982. J. Immunol. 129:1758.
- Product Citations
AB_2562860 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359616)
- Oligosaccharide antigenic determinant present on a variety of proteins, lipids, and chrondroitin sulfate proteoglycans, 100-115 kD. The antigen is conserved across species.
CD57 antigen is expressed on a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes including a subset of NK cells and a subset of CD8+ T cells. Also expressed on neural cells and striated muscle.
- Unknown function, may be involved in cell-matrix interactions.
- Binds to L-selectin and P-selectin in a calcium-dependent manner, also binds to second globular domain of E8 laminin fragment.
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schubert J, et al. 1989. In Leucocyte Typing IV (Knapp W, ed) Oxford University Press Oxford pp 711-714.
2. Palmer BE, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:8415.
3. Schachner M, et al. 1995. Trends Neurosci. 18:183.
4. Wood KL, et al. 2005. Clin. Immunol. 117:294.
- Gene ID
- 27087 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD57 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Purified anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC, IHC-P, WB|
|FITC anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|APC anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|PE anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC, IHC-P|
|Biotin anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD57||HNK-1||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD57||HNK-1||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.