- L243 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Major Histocompatibility Class II, MHC class II
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
HLA-DR is a heterodimeric cell surface glycoprotein comprised of a 36 kD α (heavy) chain and a 27 kD β (light) chain. It is expressed on B cells, activated T cells, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, and other non-professional APCs. In conjunction with the CD3/TCR complex and CD4 molecules, HLA-DR is critical for efficient peptide presentation to CD4+ T cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Dog (Canine), Marmoset, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey, Tamarin
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The L243 monoclonal antibody reacts with the HLA-DR antigen, a member of MHC class II molecules. It does not cross react with HLA-DP and HLA-DQ. Clone L243 binds a conformational epitope on HLA-DRa which depends on the correct folding of the aß heterodimer.19
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation8, Western blotting8, in vitro blocking of mixed lymphocyte reactions9,10, depeletion of MHC class II cells7, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections4,5. For sensitive functional assays, we recommend using the Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) (Cat. No. 307648, 307665 - 307669).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Brodsky F. 1984. Immunogenetics 19:179.
- Robbins P, et al. 1987. Human Immunol. 18:301.
- Stites D, et al. 1986. Clin. Immunol. Immunopathol. 38:161.
- Warnke R, et al. 1980. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 28:771. (IHC)
- Engleman E, et al. 1981. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 78:1791. (IHC)
- Zipf T, et al. 1981. Cancer Res. 41:4786.
- Goodier M, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:139. (Depletion)
- Esser M, et al. 2001. J. Virol. 75:6173. (IP, WB)
- Kalka-Moll WM, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:6149. (Block)
- Wang RF, et al. 1999. Science 284:1351. (Block)
- Zaba LC, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:3183. PubMed
- Fujita H, et al. 2009. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106:21795. PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Goncalves RM, et al. 2010. Infect. Immun. 78:4763. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Kim WK, et al. 2006. Am. J. Pathol. 168:822. (FC)
- Stein R, et al. 2011. Leuk. Lymphoma 52:273.
- Galkowska H, et al. 1996. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 53:329.
- Moro M, et al. 2005. BMC Immunol. 6:24.
- Lauterbach N, et al. 2014. Mol Immunol. 59:19. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493178 (BioLegend Cat. No. 307621)
AB_493177 (BioLegend Cat. No. 307622)
- Ig superfamily, MHC class II, heterodimeric transmembrane protein, 36 kD heavy and 27 kD light chain
B cells, activated T cells, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, other APCs
- Peptide presentation
- CD3/TCR, CD4
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Levacher M, et al. 1990. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 81:177.
2. Terstappen L, et al. 1990. J. Leukocyte Biol. 48:138.
3. Edwards JA, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:490.
4. van Es A, et al. 1984. Transplantation 37:65.
5. O'Doherty U, et al. 1994. Immunology 82:487.
6. Thomas R, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:4016.
7. Grouard G, et al. 1996. Nature 384:364.
- Gene ID
- 3122 View all products for this Gene ID 3123 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HLA-DR on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.