- IFNb/A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-β, Fibroblast interferon (Fi-IFN, F-IFN), Type-1 interferon, acid-stable interferon, R1-GI factor, IFN-b, IFN-beta
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The IFNb/A1 clone recognizes natural human IFN-β and recombinants β1a and β1b.It is capable of neutralizing IFN-β.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant HuIFN-β1b
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA, Neut - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg antibody per 5 mL antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Neutralization1: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IFN-ß bioactivity (Cat. No. 514003).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA1.
Epitope: Human IFN-β site I, core peptide amino acid residues 32-56, AB loop (AB2, AB3)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Redlich PN and Grossberg SE, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 143:1887. (ELISA, Neut)
- Redlich PN, et al. 1991. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:4040.
- Runkel L, et al. 2001. IFN & Cytokine Res. 21:931.
AB_2814441 (BioLegend Cat. No. 514005)
AB_2814442 (BioLegend Cat. No. 514006)
- Interferon; contains 187 amino acids with predicted molecular weight 22 kD.
- Non-specific humoral immune responses and immune responses against viral infections, increases expression of MHC class I antigens, blocks expression of MHC class II antigens stimulated by IFN-γ
- Cell Sources
- Fibroblasts, epithelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Broad, includes NK cells, T suppressor cells, activated monocytes
- IFNα/βR (IFNAR-1, IFNAR-2)
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nagarajan U, 2011. Crit. Rev. Immunol. 31:459.
2. Honda K, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:1367.
- Upregulated by viruses, double-stranded RNA, micro-organisms, TNF, IL-1
- Gene ID
- 3456 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-beta on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-human IFN-β||IFNb/A1||WB, ELISA, Neut|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IFN-β||IFNb/A1||WB, ELISA, Neut|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.