- MAb1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells, and NK-cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric human TNF-α is a 157 amino acid protein (non-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17 kD. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biologic activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorraghic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils. The MAb1 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TNF-α.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant human TNF-α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
Neut, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.25-1 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of TNF-α recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture: The purified MAb1 antibody is useful in neutralization2 and as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MAb11 antibody (Cat. No. 502904/502914) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Rathjen, D., et al. 1991. Mol. Immunol. 28:79.
- Verschoor CP, et al. 2015. Mol. Immunol. 65:148. (Neut) Pubmed
- Wyant, T. L., et al. 1999. Infect. Immun. 67:1338.
- Nichols, J. E., et al. 2001. J. Virol. 73:5921.
- Ivanov,VN.,et al. 1999. J. Biol Chem. 274:14079. PubMed
- Varadarajan N, et al. 2012. PNAS. 109:3885. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_315249 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502801)
AB_315250 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502802)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 52 kD (Mammalian)
- Paracrine/endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions; selectively cytotoxic for transformed cells; chemoattractant
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler, B., et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler, B., et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey, K., et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, PAF antagonists,
- Gene ID
- 7124 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human TNF-α||MAb1||ELISA Capture, Neut, WB|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human TNF-α||MAb1||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.