- IFNb/A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-β, Fibroblast interferon (Fi-IFN, F-IFN), Type-1 interferon, acid-stable interferon, R1-GI factor, IFN-b, IFN-beta
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The IFNb/A1 clone recognizes natural human IFN-β and recombinants β1a and β1b.It is capable of neutralizing IFN-β.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant HuIFN-β1b
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA, Neut - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg antibody per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Neutralization1: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IFN-ß bioactivity (Cat. No. 514003).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA1.
Epitope: Human IFN-β site I, core peptide amino acid residues 32-56, AB loop (AB2, AB3)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Redlich PN and Grossberg SE, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 143:1887. (ELISA, Neut)
- Redlich PN, et al. 1991. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:4040.
- Runkel L, et al. 2001. IFN & Cytokine Res. 21:931.
- Product Citations
AB_2122765 (BioLegend Cat. No. 514002)
- Interferon; contains 187 amino acids with predicted molecular weight 22 kD.
- Non-specific humoral immune responses and immune responses against viral infections, increases expression of MHC class I antigens, blocks expression of MHC class II antigens stimulated by IFN-γ
- Cell Sources
- Fibroblasts, epithelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Broad, includes NK cells, T suppressor cells, activated monocytes
- IFNα/βR (IFNAR-1, IFNAR-2)
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nagarajan U, 2011. Crit. Rev. Immunol. 31:459.
2. Honda K, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:1367.
- Upregulated by viruses, double-stranded RNA, micro-organisms, TNF, IL-1
- Gene ID
- 3456 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-beta on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human IFN-β||IFNb/A1||WB, ELISA, Neut|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IFN-β||IFNb/A1||WB, ELISA, Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.